With a combination of luminaires including suspended 28W fluorescent twin lamp configuration & 2x26W CFL based downlighters installed in office; lighting is estimated to account for 40-45% of the energy cost with other major element being HVAC. With a steep rise in energy costs over the past 2 years, lighting energy consumption has become a major concern. Biggest barrier to upgrade from conventional lighting to LED in any Institution is high capital upfront cost.
Upgrade to IB LED Resulted in the Following:
• Commercial offices got high energy ef ficient lighting.
• Net energy cost payable would remain same for 24 months as IB LED will be paid out of the savings incurred.
• After 24 months, commercial offices would enjoy 40-45% energy savings in the net energy cost over the next 10 Years
• Commercial offices got a Lighting Upgrade, creating better lighting envi ronment for its employees thus improving productivity & efficiency.
Conventional Lighting & Proposed Fittings
Saving in Energy & Maintenance
• IB LED team audited the office premise & established the quantity & lux levels achieved by present lighting fixtures.
• Dedicated Professional Lighting Application team from IB LED designed the office with new age innovative LED products & presented the new upgraded lux levels along with the energy consumption to the facility head of commercial offices.
• There was a clear reduction of 40-45% in the power consumption.
• Upon demonstrating technical superiority of the IB LED Products, the UPGRADE to LED lighting fixtures was offered to commercial offices with payback to IB LED from the savings in the electricity bill.
• The UPGRADE included replacing the old twin 28W Fluorescent fixtures by IB LED high efficiency 600x600mm LED luminaires & replacing the 2x26W CFL downlighters by 18W LED Downlighters.
• The installation was quick and easy.
• Due to this UPGRADE, the system watt ages reduced from 60W to 36W for twin lamp 28W fixtures & 52W to 18W for CFL downlighters.
• The Lighting upgrade resulted in achiev ing better lux levels at a reduction in en ergy costs.